An all-in-one business management solution to help connect financial, sales, service, and operations to streamline business processes, improve customer interactions and make better decisions.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central provides a platform from which you can run your entire business.
Business Central is the single solution that allows you to fully control your business – From managing sales to people Business Central has you covered. Sitting in the cloud, Business Central allows you to control your business from anywhere in the world and on any device!
It allows you to accelerate your growth by leveraging rich features for financial, supply chain, sales and project.
Business Central can be tailored to suit any business and with free Microsoft upgrades for life, you will never be left behind.
Falling under the Microsoft platform allows you to fully integrate Business Central across the Microsoft offerings such as pulling live data into Excel, creating automation with Power Automate or seamlessly integrating into your Microsoft CE solution.
cloudThing support discovery activities, business architecture, governance set-up, DevOps/SecOps tooling, service design, experience research/design, technical architecture and all related services.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 – Business Central, From cloudThing
- Centralised storage & reporting of functional department data
- In-build Power BI dashboards to generate powerful business insights
- Intelligent sales forecasts to optimise stock replenishment
- Capacity and resource optimisation to manage supply and demand
- Track opportunity progression and provided guided recommendations to sellers
- Quote, budget, time-sheet and invoicing management for work orders
- Resource assignment and capacity management with real-time usage reporting
- GDPR compliance, grant and restrict access to personal data
- Cloud, on-premise or hybrid hosting. Mobile friendly user experience
Just Some Of The Awesome Benefits...
Business Central Features
Business Central – What’s Included?
- Financial Management: The core of Business Central is its finance system and… being a finance system, it allows you end-to-end visibility of a business in real time. Information is completely visible in Business Central but also you can pull this data into other reporting tools such as Power Bi or Jet Reports, in real-time. It also allows you to easily create and manage Customer, Vendors, Sales Documents, Purchase documents and budgets.
- Purchases: The Purchasing module in Business Central allows you to fully manage Vendors (Suppliers) to easily raise purchase documents against. Depending on business needs, this can be setup as a full receipt and invoice system, linking direct to inventory or simply the ability to raise purchase invoices against nominal accounts. It can also be configured to automatically raise purchase documents based on sales forecasts, allowing for a seamless purchase ordering process based on real time information. As well as all that though, Business Central can easily pay your suppliers correctly and on time using the suggest vendor payments solution with the added benefit of being able to export a bacs file to upload directly to the bank. Approvals can then be configured across the purchase module to provide more control for businesses
- Sales: The sales module in Business Central allows for full management of Customers, from which sales documents can be raised against. Depending on business needs, this can be setup to cater for a full ship and invoice system, linking direct to inventory or simply the ability to raise Sales Invoices against a nominal account. Standard Sales reporting within BC allows for quickly seeing which customers owe money by document and due date. Approvals can then also be configured across the sales module to provide more control.
- Inventory Management: As SME’s grow, e-commerce, logistics and stock control becomes more complicated. It may not be as easy to record inventory and restock as it used to be, so many organisations implement processes and systems to handle the new workload. That’s where Business Centrals inventory control function comes in. With the right internal and production controls, organisations can be sure they’re controlling operational costs whilst also meeting customer demands. D365 Business Central makes it easier than ever to manage a business’ inventory.
- Warehouse Management: From order capture to receivables & stock replenishment, Business Central delivers real-time information and alerts on business progress. It provides visibility and control of all a business’s inventory, stock movements, sales and purchasing across multiple locations. With that greater visibility, businesses have greater control over their purchasing processes and automated workflows. With integrated EDI/eCommerce, orders can be automatically received and passed straight to the warehouse to meet demanding delivery deadlines and standardise returns processes to quickly identify common issues, quarantine products and take appropriate action to protect customer service levels. The goal of any BC implementation will be to achieve a completely paperless warehouse by combing D365 Business Central with add on extensions. Business Central also offers an up-to-the second view of inventory across every location within an organisation for a more reliable fulfilment process with reduced obsolescence. It’s also great at streamlining warehouse processes, using system directed receipts, put-aways and picks & shipments for a more efficient “path of the picker”, optimised storage and safe observance of weight/height restrictions.
- Manufacturing: Business Central, when used in a manufacturing setting, is great at boosting production efficiency thanks to its bill of materials, master production scheduling, agile manufacturing, demand forecasting and capacity planning that come straight OotB. It offers organisations full visibility of performance, meaning they can seize advantage of new business opportunities with confidence, placing their business ahead of the competition. Those additional features and benefits all increase the reliability of an organisations processes, with real-time visibility of progress and plans on the shopfloor for more informed decision-making or the use of automated serial number tracking for complete traceability in the case of product recalls and keeping track of certificates of conformity. One of BC’s biggest benefits in a manufacturing setting is the removal of paperwork on shopfloors, for the next job, recording quantities produced, time taken, components used or anything else. It also offers a much clearer picture of machine downtime and the reasons for it for better organised & preventative maintenance.
- Project Management: Business Central provides a great tool to track, manage and report on simple and complex projects, both from a project and financial perspective, whilst allowing you to manage, allocate and control the resources you have at your disposal. It includes:
- Resource Management
- Capacity Management
- Cost and Price Management
- Job Lifecycle Management (Opportunity to Completion)
- Timesheet and Expense Recording
- Cost and Work Breakdown
Project management within Business Central is used in many differing ways; perhaps most commonly, it’s used for time and expense billing as it comes with an expense input, approval and generation of sales invoices to customers. Its integration purchase ledgers allows for other costs incurred against a job to be posted and used for subsequent creation of sales in invoices where relevant. WIP can be calculated and costs or revenues released to the G/L accordingly.
These features are also used to control costs and billing in ‘project’ activities. The system manages stock issues to the job and time taken on activities.
- Reporting: Business Central has an array of out of the box reports across the entirety of the module, all which can be easily updated if needed to suit any businesses requirements. It can also connect in real-time to a number of other reporting tools such as Microsoft’s Power Bi or Jet Reports allowing an organisation to create any bespoke report quickly and efficiently.